As of August 2018, we don’t have a director for Drama Club so we do not anticipate we will be able to bring this Program to our students in the 2018-19 school year.
15th Annual Carmel Del Mar Elementary Dragon Ball
A dance for our daughters
Sunday, April 29, 2018
You are invited to attend the 15th Annual Carmel Del Mar Dragon Ball, a dance for our daughters. The dance will be held on Sunday April 29, 2018.
If you have attended this fantastic event in the past, then we probably do not need to remind you what a rewarding and fun event this is, both for daughters and fathers. For the “first timers”, you will experience a sophisticated and fun event that gives your daughters the opportunity to dress up, have a formal dinner-dance with their dads, and make memories to last a lifetime. The girls that are regular attendees of the dance will tell you what an awesome event it is, how much they love getting ready for the dance (dressing up, make-up, nails and hair) and what a great bonding experience it is.
And in truth, they might also mention how embarrassing it is to see their dads trying to hula-hoop or do the Macarena.
The Dragon Ball is organized by the Carmel Del Mar Dad’s Club. Proceeds from the event provide much-needed support for various school programs at CDM.
- Reception: 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Dancing/games: 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m
Sunday, April 29, 2018 from 3:30 PM to 7:30 PM PDT
Hilton Del Mar
15575 Jimmy Durante Blvd
Del Mar, CA 92014
CDM Dad’s Club
- $50 early bird rate per person – until April 21st
- $58 per person – April 22nd through April 27th
- Registration includes appetrizers, a formal sit-down dinner, dessert and coffee
- Attire is semi-formal (jacket for dads, dresses for girls)
- Dance all night to the sounds of Rob The DJ
- Super Raffle Prize Drawings – with Special Mystery Box
- Souvenir digital photo
- Self Parking will be at a special rate of $5
- Prize tickets ($1 each, or 25 for $20) will be sold on the evening or online.
- Event could sell out
- Registration fee increases to $58 on April 21st
- Registration closes on April 27th
- You may choose to purchase your raffle tickets online when you make your reservation. You will receive these tickets when you check-in on the night of the event. You may buy additional tickets at the event (cash only)
- Refunds will be made until April 21st less a $10/per person fee. There are no refunds after April 22nd.
To register and get more information visit this link.
Tuesday, December 5th from 6:15-7:45 pm in the MUR
Back by popular demand, Dr. Adria O’Donnell will offer advice on how to handle the parenting aspect of your child’s friendship “issues”. Don’t have childcare? We’ve got you covered! The PTA will provide childcare at the on site childcare center, including a pizza dinner, for the first 29 students signed up.
“Frenemies: Helping Your Child Navigate Their Social World”: Do your kids’ “good” friends sometimes treat them badly? Do they get into “weird friend fights” for confusing reasons? Does your son or daughter stress about standing up for themselves? This interactive workshop will help you understand some of the subtle forms of aggression that cause children (and us) social stress and confusion. Participants will learn about relational aggression, age appropriate and healthy conflict, and visual concepts such as the “Worry Bully” that can be used to teach kids about stress. Dr. Adria will introduce parenting tips and guidelines for how and when parents should intervene as well as demonstrate some effective conflict resolution skills she calls “BRAVE Talk” and “Truth Island” and much more.
Dr. O’Donnell is a licensed clinical psychologist and for the past 17 years she has specialized in working predominantly with children and adolescents as well as their parents. She focuses on social skills training for adolescents, learning disabilities, tech-aggression and relational aggression, a more covert form of bullying often used by girls, anxiety & stress management coaching. She is the mother of 2 girls, and directs Outpost Summer Camps here in San Diego during the summer
Sign up here for childcare and join us for this important presentation.