CDM PTA Read-a-Thon will be back.
Get your books on, Dragons!
What is the Read-a-thon?
The Read-a-thon is a week long, school-wide program that encourages children to read more. It is also our most important PTA fundraiser! 100% of the proceeds will be used for school site needs, educational programs and community events at Carmel Del Mar. This means it supports all students at the school.
Programs funded or supported by Carmel Del Mar PTA
Community Events at Carmel Del Mar School
- Back to School Coffee (August)
- Ice Cream Social (September)
- Red Ribbon Day (October)
- Art Night (February)
- Chili Game Night (April)
- International Night (May)
- New and Used Book Fairs (November/March)
- Dad’s Club Events
- Bi-Weekly Newsletter
Student Events and Programs at Carmel Del Mar
- Imagination Machine Assembly
- Field Day
- 6th grade Promotion
- Drama Club
- Extra Field Trip grants as needed
- Yearbook Club Funding and Sales
- EPI school supplies program
Educational Grants and Teacher support
- Teacher mini-grants ($200-$400) for all staff at the school
- Teacher Appreciation lunches and events
- Water for the Teacher’s lounge
- Special requests funded as needs arise (e.g. microphone, extra supplies, grants)
Every year the PTA gives $ 10,000 or more to help enhance the physical learning environment for all students. School site needs we have funded in the past 3 years include:
- Updated furniture grades 2-5
- Bike rack at the back gate
- New Library Books
- Magazine subscriptions for all grades every year
- P.E. Stridetrack system
- Large Screen TV and Apple TV packages for Art Room, Science lab, etc.
- Set of 10 Ipads for STEAM+ use
- Robotics Kits
- Maker Space Setup and Supplies
- So much more!
CDM PTA will bring back Drama Club for 2019-2020. The proposed play is Seussical Jr.. Auditions are tentatively scheduled for end of October. Check the PTA calendar for updates. If you have specific questions contact CDM PTA president.