- The student with the most Reading Minutes was a 5th Grader who read for 1,370 minutes!
- Our families sent 1,608 emails requesting pledges!
- We had a whopping 193 Dragons raise $100 or more!
- A fantastic number of 38 Dragons raised $250 or more!
- We had THREE Dragons that raised $500 or more!
- Amazingly, ONE Dragon raised $1,000!
Annual CDM Read-a-Thon December 7-11th, 2020
Get your books on, Dragons!
What is the Read-A-Thon?
The Read-A-Thon is a week-long, school-wide program that encourages children to read more. It is also our only PTA fundraiser this year! 100% of the proceeds will be used to fund educational materials and programs at Carmel Del Mar. This means it supports all students at our school. Please help us reach our goal of $25,000!
What do you need to do to participate? It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3…
- Set up your student’s Carmel Del Mar Read-A-Thon fundraising page!
Go to: https://pledgestar.com/cdmpta/
- Ask your friends and family to sponsor your student’s commitment & participation to reading a realistic number of minutes each day. We are hoping each family will raise at least $100. Please share your student ’s fundraising efforts via Facebook, Twitter, text and email directly from your fundraising page.
- Have your student track his/her reading. Start a timer at the start of reading and record the minutes on their online Read-A-Thon reading log, found on your child’s Pledgestar page (which can be found next to the student name in the “enter readers” tab on Pledgestar). To qualify for daily drawings for prizes, the reading log must be filled out each night by 7pm as the reading happens.
What counts as Reading?
Any time your child spends reading outside of school time during the Read-A-Thon week (12/7-12/11) counts towards the Read-a-Thon (after school, homework, bedtime, etc.) This includes individual reading time and being read to by an adult, sibling or friend. Remember to log the minutes on the reading log each night by 7pm.
Please note that there are three ways to collect prizes:
Participation – registering and sending out at least 5 emails or texts via Pledgestar
Reading – minutes logged in the online Pledgestar reading log during the event
Fundraising -obtaining donations from family and friends to meet your fundraising goal via Pledgestar
Why does the PTA fundraise?
The CDM PTA (Parent Teacher Association) is a parent-funded, all-volunteer organization whose mission is to positively impact, support and enhance the overall learning environment for all students at Carmel Del Mar School. We work closely together with the Principal and teachers/staff to identify programs and needs that touch as many students as possible. See the list of what we fund and organize each year below. We are fortunate to have an extremely generous and supportive community at CDM that has allowed us to give the kids a great school experience! Thank you!
Contact Tamara Wells, PTA President email@example.com
Programs funded or supported by Carmel Del Mar PTA
Community Events in a Typical Year:
Welcome Back Coffee
Annual Ice Cream Social
Red Ribbon Week
6th Grad Graduation
Chili Game Night
Parent and Student Enrichment in a Typical Year:
Cyber Security presentation
Teacher Appreciation in a Typical Year:
Room Parent Coordination
Staff Appreciation Week
Back to School Luncheon
Fall Parent/Teacher Conference Luncheon
Steam+ Room Parent Specialist
Examples of Gifts to School:
Stride Tracker system
Modern learning classroom furniture
New sound system for outdoor events
Magazine subscriptions for students
Chairs for in-person students
Bike racks for back gate
The PTA is a 100% volunteer based organization. All the money donated goes directly to programs and projects that benefit all students at CDM!
Read-a-thon Flyer with more questions answered:
Here is the joint statement of all DMUSD PTA presidents reaffirming their commitments to all school families.